Thursday, October 14, 2010

Want some info?

Hey!!

I just wanted to post a quick update with some reading material for you if you are interested. The Truman State University Index did a write up about Representative McClanahan and her opponent. I encourage you to take the time to read it. Next Tuesday's post may be a little late, as I will be attending the debate between Rebecca and Mr. Wyatt!

Here are the links to the pages in the Index:

Page One

Page Seven


The debate takes place next Tuesday at the El Kadir Shrine Club in Kirksville, at 5:30. If any of you are going to be at the debate, I'd love to hear your reactions! Send me an email at mcclanahan.convo@gmail.com and maybe you'll be in the post!


-Abi

2 comments:

  1. The interview with McClanahan and Wyatt really sheds some light on how prepared each candidate is. When asked about issues that are of prevalent concern to students, Mrs. McClanahan cites her knowledge and experience, working for more than 30 years in the education and healthcare fields. She is in a great position to help voters, with her position on the house budget committee as well as the higher education committee give her great avenues to fight for what issues matter to us most, especially students. However, Wyatt thinks he can represent us simply because he is our age. If it comes down to putting one of my peers into office instead of a qualified legislator with years of experience and a great position to advance important issues for her constituents, the decision is really not that hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Andrew. Although I already had some thoughts on this race, the interview in The Index only made them more concrete. Age is not as important as a factor when choosing someone to represent me. Representative McClanahan's experience and knowledge are comforting.

    I'm interested to see how the debate turns out and will be checking back here for updates since I can't attend.

    ReplyDelete