Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Being Bicultural

Hey Readers!

Let’s start off the week with a friendly reminder – TOMORROW is the last day to register to vote! Rebecca sent out a friendly email this week to remind us how essential it is, so don’t forget! Mail in your registration (must be postmarked by tomorrow) OR simply drop in by the County Clerk’s office at the courthouse! Fill out the paperwork here to have it done before you go in!

I was fortunate enough to spend about two hours with Representative McClanahan last week. We had a wonderful talk, and I must say that I enjoyed getting to know her one on one. This week I want to talk to you about how she seemed as a person, and briefly talk about one of her most important issues – healthcare! I’m working on a more in-depth look at the topic, look for it coming soon!

Speaking with Rep. McClanahan was very educational. I highly suggest if you get the opportunity to do so, take it. Rebecca will look you in the eye and answer your questions, and I personally was impressed with not only how human she was with me, but how well she knew what she was talking about. She also stated my name frequently, a sign that she was remembering who she was talking too. One of my favorite moments from our conversation was when she started talking about what she calls being “bicultural”, which explains exactly how I felt when I talked to her. After working with a few other candidates in previous elections, I was impressed to see how Rebecca’s motto could be “no nonsense here!” Check out the video of her talking about being “bicultural” below – sorry for the bad angle!



I will note that the headquarters were not very welcoming, BUT keep in mind that they just recently relocated. Other than that, Rep. McClanahan was so warm and welcome - it was hard not to just relax enjoy our talk.

This week’s issue highlight is McClanahan on healthcare. Rep. McClanahan is one of two nurses in the house legislature right now – she has a firsthand view of healthcare from within the system. Here are some notes of importance -
 
-        -   Check out Representative McClanahan’s voting record on healthcare here!
-        -   See Rebecca’s press release about being put on the Rx Plan Advisory Commission!
-        -   Did you know Rep. McClanahan sits on the MO HealthNet Oversight Committee?



Can’t wait to chat with you soon,

-Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment